Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Did She Say 16 Weeks???

I sure did!  It's been 16 weeks since I embarked on a journey that would change my life forever.  As with any journey, there were rocky times that had me doubt my decision, but looking back on these past 4 months, I wouldn't change ANY of it and I have absolutely NO regrets.

I write this between tears, but they are certainly the good ones!  I am so blessed to have such an amazing support system and, in light of Thanksgiving on Thursday, I must take a moment to thank everyone (deal with it!).

I couldn't have gotten this far without my wonderful husband.  He has been my rock and my closest supporter, and there are not enough "thank yous" in the world for what he has done.  

I can't thank my family enough for their kind words of encouragement for both Chris and myself as we continue on this journey together.  THANK YOU Mom, Dad, Rob, Joe, Michele, and Jen.  I love you all so much and am so lucky to call you my family.  

To my other family - Deb, Steve, Suzanne, and Andrew - I consider myself extremely lucky to have such great in-laws.  You have been so wonderful in supporting Christopher and I as we both continue our healthy lifestyle.

I also have to thank some of my closest friends who have also experienced this journey - Kelly Wagner and Nicole Launderville.  You both have helped me so much - more than I think you realize.  I couldn't have made such an important decision without you - I love you both!

Melissa & Derek, Chad & Devyn, Jessica & Bill, Michelle & Brian - I don't even know where to begin.  You have all touched my heart in such different ways and you are all such amazing people.  Chris and I are so lucky to have you in our life and we love you very much.  

I'm terrible at remembering everyone and I'm sure I forgot someone, so please accept my apologies if I did - it's nothing personal.  Mommy brain is horrible (yes it's real).  

Well I suppose now would be the time to show you my 4 month pictures.  I did them a little different this time around.  The jeans in my picture were a size 24 - when I was 284 lbs.  I am now in a size 14 and am 184 lbs.  That's right - I'm down 100 pounds from my heaviest weight.  It's shocking and very exciting, but most importantly - I'M HEALTHY - and for that, I am endlessly thankful.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.  This one will be a bit different for our family this year, but nonetheless, it will be wonderful.  Be thankful for those in your life and hug them tight.  You just don't know when they may leave.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment